USB Repeater over Category 5 Cable
The USB Rover 2850 is a commercial grade product designed for end user applications. It provides all the flexibility of extended range USB in a ready-to-use package. The USB Rover 2850 is optimized for applications where two devices, such as a keyboard and mouse, need to be operated remotely. The USB
Rover 2850 provides support for two remote devices and/or hubs.
USB Rover products are composed of two separate units: the Local Extender (LEX) and the Remote Extender (REX). Conventional USB cables are used to connect the LEX unit to the host computer and to connect the remote USB device to the REX unit. Standard category 5 cabling is used to connect the LEX and REX units over a distance of up to 85 meters for low speed devices, full speed is 40 meter distance limit.
The USB Rover 2850 is powered from USB and delivers enough power at
the remote unit to drive most low power USB devices.
Compatible with standard devices
USB Rover products operate over standard cat 5 cable (the same wiring used in Ethernet). The technology behind the product requires no additional software for either the computer or the target devices.
- Local Unit (LEX)
- Remote Unit (REX)
- USB Cable
- Cat 5 cable sold separately
Certificate of Conformity
- Black in Color
- Extreme USB technology extends the range of USB up to 131ft (40m) over Category 5 cable for full speed items, and 285ft for low speed items, like keyboards and mice.
- Works with both PCs and Macs
- Works with any full speed (12Mb/s) or low-speed (1.5Mb/s) device
- Weight: 0.2lb (0.1kg)/each
- Compact size: 100x70x30 mm
- Uses standard Cat 5 or Cat6 Cable
- Data Rate up to 12Mbps
- Operating Temp: 4C to 40C
- One year warranty
Click on the picture to enlarge
All of our products come with a full satisfaction guarantee. If you're not 100% satisfied with this product, return it for a full refund.
Available Part Numbers
- PART #RR-47-2016 (Dual Port - 1 Week Lead T)
- PART #RR-ET-100P-BK (100FT ETHERNET)
Equivalent Part Numbers
- PART #RR-47-1931 (Previous Model)